What a drastic difference in the weather from yesterday to today!!
With the weather being cold enough, I was finally able to wear a scarf and enjoy my first chai tea latte of the season. All of these things brought upon the warm feelings of fall and I am more than excited for the season to get rolling.
Like many, the fall is one of my favorite seasons and on my bike ride this evening I started thinking about why…
1. I like jackets…scratch that, I LOVE them. I have one in particular that is my ultimate favorite. It’s a bright green pea coat that I’ve had since high school. It completes all of my fall outfits and I even wear it into winter. I can’t wait until it’s cold enough to take it out of the back of my closet.
2. Hiking in the fall is beautiful. Just a few weeks ago, I visited Hoffman Hills in Menomonie and I highly recommend that everyone visit here come October. There is an observation tower from which you can see trees and farms for miles. It’s loopy trails make you feel like you’re in an entirely different place….very Hunger Gamesesque!
3. Corn Mazes because growing up my parents used to take me and my brother to the pumpkin patch every year. Once there, we would play hide and seek forever. I guess I still haven’t quite grown up and am always up for a good game of hide and seek. I went to an apple orchard last weekend and got lost in the corn maze. Hopefully I’ll get to do it again this year!
4. Warm Dranks! There is just something about a good coffee drank when it’s cold out. My personal faves are chai tea lattes and caramel apple spice lattes. Put on a crazy crewneck sweatshirt and grab a drank, you’ll feel instant happiness.
5. Roasts and pies and mashed potatoes. Just three of my fave fall foods. Once again, this connects to my childhood. Mama T’s apple crisp is most certainly the bomb. And I also just have a food addiction problem so there’s that.
6. Football games are great because you get to hangout with all your friends and eat food and be hardcore fans! Packers Fo lyfe.
7. Fall music. I have some personal favorite songs that remind me of the fall season and you can listen to them below. While I have MANY dance jamz (of course), these are the ones that I daydream to when I’m biking to class and walking on campus….
1. All At Sea-Jamie Cullum[audio http://www.fuelfriendsblog.com/listenup/All%20At%20Sea%20(live%20at%20KFOG%20studios).mp3]
2. Follow the Arrow-Rosi Golan[audio http://aurgasm.us/wp/uploads/rosi-golan-follow-the-arrow.mp3]
3. Beautiful Beat-Nada Surf[audio http://www.fuelfriendsblog.com/listenup/Favorite%20Albums%202008/03%20Beautiful%20Beat.mp3]
4. Lions in Cages-Wolf Gang
5. Blood-The Middle East[audio http://www.foeweel.com/compilations/BloodME.mp3]
I’m kind of obsessed with these songs. Credit to my roommate for sharing her music with me.
Anywho, just thought I’d update my blog a little bit and branch out from just posting my videos so you can get to know more about me!! Hope you all enjoy your fall season! Don’t stress out about school too much…do some dancing…it always helps;)